e-talk for holla-front trollers and all walks of life.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luke Tha Hustla

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 pm

What do you think will be highly regarded in future generations?

No question about American Idiot, pretty much the biggest album of the decade. Marshall Mathers LP of course. What else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funk Phenomenaâ„¢.

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Hell no @ both of them.

I would say albums like 'Kid A' by Radiohead, 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' by Coldplay, Muse 'Absolution', '0' by Damien Rice, some stuff by Kanye, Lupe, Ghostface, Sigur Ros, Justice, Kooks, Keane etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luke Tha Hustla

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?   Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:53 am

dogg i'm not talkin personal favorites. if you honestly think neither of those albums will considered important you are a fool. like it or not, american idiot was pretty much the album of this decade. green day has been sucked off to the max for it. i could say cage's hell's winter is the best of the decade but that doesn't mean it's going to be looked at as a defining moment of this generation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funk Phenomenaâ„¢.

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:00 am

Luke Tha Hustla wrote:
dogg i'm not talkin personal favorites. if you honestly think neither of those albums will considered important you are a fool. like it or not, american idiot was pretty much the album of this decade. green day has been sucked off to the max for it. i could say cage's hell's winter is the best of the decade but that doesn't mean it's going to be looked at as a defining moment of this generation.
I'm not giving you my personal favorites, but albums that are important for this period and will be remember in the future. Albums that inspire people. Maybe 'American Idiot' had great album sales, but the tracks on it aren't really great compared to their older work and I don't think in 2019 people will still listen and mention 'American Idiot' but they will still talk about the Coldplay and Radiohead shit I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?   

Back to top Go down

what are/will be some of the "important" albums of this decade?
Page 1 of 1